An abstract is a set of most important points of a research paper. In an abstract, these important points are presented in a summarized way. Most of the students have some misconceptions about the nature of an abstract. They think that an abstract is just like an introduction or table of contents of a research paper. Before going to write an abstract, the students should keep in mind that an abstract is neither an introduction nor a table of contents rather than an abstract is known as a highly condensed version of a research paper. If you are not able to write an abstract for a research paper, then you can get help from the research paper writing services.
Do’s of writing an abstract for a research paper
The do’s of writing an abstract for a research paper are those things which are necessary to write in an abstract of a research paper. The do’s of writing an abstract for a research paper is given below;
1) No doubt, there is a clear set of ideas and themes to write any kind of the research paper. You should try to emphasize the most important ideas and themes in an abstract of a research paper.
2) The main aim of writing an abstract is to attract more and more audience towards your research paper. Therefore, while writing an abstract, you should keep in mind the interests of the audience and try to focus on your original research ideas only.
3) To write an abstract, we will have to write down some keywords. You should try to write down those keywords which are frequently searched by the audience on the search engines.
4) You should try to provide enough information in an abstract of a research paper that after reading out that information, it will be easy for the audience to decide whether they should read the further research paper or not. There is no need to go into detail in an abstract.
Don’ts of writing an abstract for a research paper
The don’ts of writing a research paper are those things which should be prohibited to write in an abstract of a research paper. The don’ts of writing an abstract for a research paper are given below;
1) There is no need to go beyond the scope of your research paper in an abstract. You should try to present only those findings that you have achieved after researching.
2) An abstract is not a place to cite the resources from where you have gathered data for your research paper. These resources should be cited in the references section of your research paper.
3) A limited amount of jargons and acronyms are accepted in an abstract of a research paper. There is no need to include too many jargons and acronyms in an abstract of a research paper.
4) There is no need to provide complete detail about the statistical methods and routine tests that you have conducted during the process of gathering the data for your research paper.