While writing a dissertation, you will have to start it by writing the literature review. To write the literature review, you will have to evaluate the literature relevant to your topic idea. The students have to document the state of the art by keeping in mind his topic idea. With the help of the literature review chapter of your dissertation, you will have to show the readers that you have an in-depth grasp in your subject area. It is also the best way to demonstrate the familiarity of knowledge when you get dissertation literature review help. The students can also establish the credibility of their work by creating the literature review chapter.
Major Elements of Literature Review:
While writing the literature review chapter of a dissertation, you will have to keep in mind its major elements. The major elements of a literature review are explained below;
- Questions: You should start the literature review writing task by framing the relevant questions. These questions will be helpful to you to guide the dissertation. After framing these questions, you will have to start the objective analysis. The students should write an objective analysis at the start of the literature review.
- Research: To write the literature review section of a dissertation, you will have to conduct in-depth research. While conducting in-depth research, the students should look for the relevant resources. The best resources to gather the data for the literature review writing task are Google Scholar books, well-reputed websites, library books and relevant sources.
- Significance of Sources: While writing the literature review, the students should not try to add a flat description of the sources. To write the literature review, they should get ideas from academic journals. They can also use scholarly articles to present these ideas.
- Key Theme: While writing the literature review of a dissertation, the students should also try to do thematic analysis. By doing the thematic analysis, the students can interpret and evaluate the key themes of the literature. These key themes will be helpful for the students to construct the body of the content of the literature review.
- Critical Argument: If students just write the research questions in the literature review, they can’t create interest in it. After writing the research questions, they should also try to explain the critical argumentative points relevant to these research questions. They should try to define the research questions with the figures, statistics and objective. The students should also try to provide the background of these research questions.
- Categories: To structure the arguments in the research questions, the students have to describe these research questions with essential categories. The students can use three essential categories to describe the questions in the literature review. The first category is known as the research questions. In the second category, there comes a theoretical paradigm. At last, there comes chronology.
- Relevant Theories: It is one of the most important elements of the literature review chapter of a dissertation. While writing the literature review, the students have to read the data from various resources. After reading the data from these resources, they have to choose such sources that are relevant to the topic of your dissertation. At last, the students have to provide an overview of these sources in this chapter.
- Citation: No doubt, when students have to write the literature review chapter of a dissertation, they have to gather the data from various resources. After gathering data from these resources, the students have to provide citations of these resources. Sometimes, they have to provide in-text citations. In some cases, they can also provide citations in the bibliography section of the dissertation. Anyhow, they should not forget to provide the citations of all the sources. If they fail to provide the citations of some sources, their literature review chapter will lose its validity.
Steps To Draft The Literature Review:
While preparing the draft of the literature review chapter of the dissertation, the students have to follow some essential steps. The steps to draft the literature review chapter of a dissertation are given below;
- First of all, you will have to narrow your topic and select the research papers accordingly.
- Secondly, the students have to search for the literature. While searching for the literature, they have to define your selection criteria.
- Thirdly, the students have to read the selected articles thoroughly. While reading these articles, they have to evaluate these resources.
- The students should organize the selected papers. After organizing the selected papers, they should try to develop the subtopics.
- The students should also try to develop a thesis statement to write the literature review chapter of the dissertation.
- After that, they have to write a literature review. At last, they have to review it and remove all the mistakes from it.